Lets Take A Minute To Compare Whether you want to rent or own is up to you and your family and your specific needs in the moment. But lets look at some of the benefits of owning a home.1.
My top 5 tips for first time home buyers in this crazy market!
Dated: May 12 2021
Buying a home for the first time in any market can be a little stressful. Unfortunately our current market in Eastern NC makes it a little more stressful with the multiple offer situations and homes selling for over list and appraisal price. I have 5 tips to help you stay calm and secure your dream home!
1. Home Buyer Consultation. This is a must, especially for first time home buyers and it is FREE! We will schedule this before we even get started on our search. I will give you materials and information here that you will need to take with you and refer back to through the process. It will also help us get to know each other better and get a good game plan for finding your home!
2. Have good communcation and read all materials! Be open and honest with me. I am here to help you and I love doing so! Read all of the materials I provide you with and ask me any questions you may have up front so that we are both very prepared in this fast paced market.
3. Save, Save, Save! Even if you're thinking of buying a home a year from now, you must have money in the bank currently. We are seeing high amounts of due diligence as well as appraisal addendums attached to offers stating that the buyer will agree to pay cash difference if the home doesn't appraise for contract price. Not saying you have to do that, but want you to know what you're up against! It's helpful to have funds in the bank to win in this current market!
4. Be excited and competitve! This market is not for the faint of heart, but together you and I CAN be successful in finding your dream home. Stay calm and patient, be honest with me about how you're feeling or any questions you may have so I can help. We can be proactive when we stay calm and are ready to go to war to win the home! I am a shark and love the competition, so trust me and follow my lead and you'll be just fine!
5. Have a plan and a back up plan. Especially if you have a home to sell, have a plan for your family. Listing your home on the market needs to be step 1, but have a plan for the closing dates and possible rental time in between up front so that if something comes up or shifts, you have a back up. We will try and make your move as seamless as possible, but never hurts to be overly prepared.
I have always loved helping and teaching others, and I am so blessed to have found a career in Real Estate that allows me to do both daily. I was born and raised in Dunn, NC. I went to college at Mere....
Latest Blog Posts
Buying a home for the first time in any market can be a little stressful. Unfortunately our current market in Eastern NC makes it a little more stressful with the multiple offer situations and homes